What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing alleviates the pains associated with traditional business information technology. The data center, software stack and team of experts usually needed to support business IT are a thing of the past with cloud computing technologies.
Businesses can simply access their software and data securely, through the web using cloud computing. Resources can be paid for as they are used on a subscription based cloud computing model. This way companies can avoid capital expenditure for traditional IT costs, such as hardware, software and services when they only pay for what they need.
When application usage loads vary significantly, with occasional spikes in the midst of long periods of lower usage you need highly reactive scalability. Cloud computing is a break-through technology that provides access to large numbers of cost-efficient central processing units and massively scalable data storage.
What is Windows Azure?
Windows Azure provides on-demand computer and storage to host, scale and manages web applications on the internet through Microsoft datacenters. This technology supports popular standards and protocols including SOAP, REST, XML and PHP.
Windows Azure benefits include:
- Bringing ideas to market faster and more cost effectively
- Reducing costs of building and extending on-premises resources
- Reducing the effort and costs of IT management
- Responsive to changes in business needs
- Removing the need to manage hardware
How can ISVs Leverage Windows Azure?
ISVs can benefit from Windows Azure in the following scenarios:
- When building a single-tenant or multi-talent SaaS app running on Windows Azure
- For startups looking to build a Web 2.0 application
- Enterprises can build a new software application (either customer facing or internal usage) on Windows Azure and SQL Azure (instead of Windows Server and SQL Server)
- ISV or enterprises can use Windows Azure platform storage
System Online and Windows Azure
System Online utilizes Windows Azure cloud platform technology to support highly scalable and reliable application development. Azure provides System Online a flexible environment for our developers to create cloud applications and services with shortened time to market and at affordable rates.